Brown & Co. Design, located in Portsmouth NH, seeks a talented front-end developer to join our team. The front-end developer will work with our design and development team members to produce high-quality work and turn custom, static designs into fast, efficient websites.
- Work with design leads to build compelling, responsive web experiences
- Work in collaboration with designers to build, review and launch websites
- Test across multiple browsers and devices for compatibility
- Ensure sites are optimized for speed and performance
- Identify, document, and debug undesirable and unexpected interface behavior
- Collaborate with other team members, including back-end development partners to complete multiple projects and deadlines successfully
- Stay up-to-date on web standards and emerging front-end technologies
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (design, computer science, etc.) or significant equivalent experience
- Experience in developing responsive websites that load quickly and work consistently across all screen sizes and devices
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proven experience in creating custom themes for WordPress
- Solid understanding of CSS preprocessors, e.g., Sass/LESS
- Proficiency in testing for performance and optimization
- Version control experience using Git
- Desire to improve user experience through a detail-oriented approach to design implementation, site architecture and performance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to organize and manage a variety of projects and deadlines
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
This is a full-time position at our office in Portsmouth, NH. Wonderful clients and fun atmosphere are standard, but what you’ll love most is our close-knit team.
Interested? Please send your resume, cover letter and website portfolio to [email protected]. In your cover letter, give us a sense of your personality, who you are and what you’re all about.